Tribute page help here

Continuing the discussion from How To Get Help When You Are Stuck:

1 Like

sorry that was my mistake

hi so far this is my coding for my tribute page. like i need to know where did i go wrong, then i will fix it. all my errors, then what to do next once i have corrected my mistakes. how do i go about creating a link and how and where do i submit it!.

Dr. Norman Borlaug

The man who saved a billion lives
h1{ text-align: center;} h5{text-align: center;} h3{text-align: center; div{border: thin white solid;} }
Dr. Norman Borlaug, second from left, trains biologists in Mexico on how to increase wheat yields - part of his life-long war on hunger.
<h3>Here's a time line of Dr. Borlaug's life:</h3>
<ul>
  <li><strong>1914</strong> - Born in Cresco, Iowa
  </li>
  <li><strong>1933</strong> - Leaves his family's farm to attend the University of Minnesota, thanks to a Depression era program known as the "National Youth Administration"
  </li>
  <li>
    <strong>1935</strong> - Has to stop school and save up more money. Works in the Civilian Conservation Corps, helping starving Americans. "I saw how food changed them", he said. "All of this left scars on me."
  </li>
  <li>
    <strong>1937</strong> - Finishes university and takes a job in the US Forestry Service
  </li>
  <li>
    <strong>1938</strong> - Marries wife of 69 years Margret Gibson. Gets laid off due to budget cuts. Inspired by Elvin Charles Stakman, he returns to school study under Stakman, who teaches him about breeding pest-resistent plants.
  </li>
  <li>
    <strong>1941</strong> - Tries to enroll in the military after the Pearl Harbor attack, but is rejected. Instead, the military asked his lab to work on waterproof glue, DDT to control malaria, disenfectants, and other applied science. 
  </li>
  <li>
    <strong>1942</strong> - Receives a Ph.D. in Genetics and Plant Pathology
  </li>
  <li>
    <strong>1944</strong> - Rejects a 100% salary increase from Dupont, leaves behind his pregnant wife, and flies to Mexico to head a new plant pathology program. Over the next 16 years, his team breeds 6,000 different strains of disease resistent wheat - including different varieties for each major climate on Earth.
  </li>
  <li>
    <strong>1945</strong> - Discovers a way to grown wheat twice each season, doubling wheat yields  
  </li>
  <li>
    <strong>1953</strong> - crosses a short, sturdy dwarf breed of wheat with a high-yeidling American breed, creating a strain that responds well to fertalizer. It goes on to provide 95% of Mexico's wheat.
  </li>
  <li>
    <strong>1962</strong> - Visits Delhi and brings his high-yielding strains of wheat to the Indian subcontinent in time to help mitigate mass starvation due to a rapidly expanding population
  </li>
  <li>
    <strong>1970<strong> - receives the Nobel Peace Prize
  </li>
      <li>
        <strong>1983</strong> - helps seven African countries dramatically increase their maize and sorghum yields
      </li>
</ul>

Do you have a codepen with your code? Once you pass the tests you can submit the link to the codepen

Hi, everybody! My name is Dimitrii and i am new here. Can I ask you for help? I dont understand how clean the space inside h2 and p below on the picture…
Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

If you want help you will make it easier if you post the link to the codepen and not a screenshot, and open your own thread instead of posting in someone else thread

2 Likes

I’ve tried to post the link, but after I’ve tried to do that I’ve resived this message:
“For security reasons, you can’t include links in your posts yet. Use the freeCodeCamp forum a bit more to unlock this ability.”

Just create a new topic and post the part after https://codepen.io in the URL. For example: /sdfjhkhsdfsdf/pen/ajHgvB

Bossman i’m new here my image is not appearing how can you help me

https://codepen.io/richiemawunyo/pen/vwYWwY

I am just starting my first tribute page but I’m getting confused between the html box and the css box and what I should do. Here is my sample code:

html>

The Story of Buddy Holly

"Buddy

His Early Life

• Charles Hardin Holly(Buddy) was born on September 7,1936 in Lubbock, Texas.
  • Born to a musical family and played guitar and sang with his siblings.
  • His early musical influences included country, rhythm and blues, and gospel music
  • Performed with friends from high school which lead to his career direction as a musician

Career Beginnings

• Made his first appearance on television in 1952 on a local station
  • Formed first group with his friend Bob Montgomery called “Buddy and Bob”
  • Decided to persue music as a career after opening for Elvis Presley in 1955.

Rise Of The Music

• Discovered at opening performance for Bill Haley and the Comets and signed by Decca records
  • Had musical disagreement with record producer Owen Bradley and left Decca records
  • Worked with producer Norman Petty and recorded demo for “That’ll Be The Day”
  • Brunswick Records releases song after renaming Holly’s band “The Crickets”.
  • Song becomes a huge hit followed by other hits such as “Peggy Sue”.
  • Performed on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1958 and toured Australia and the UK.

Personal Life

• Married Maria Elena Santiago on August 15,1958 after meeting her at a New York music office.
  • Reported to be pregnant with Buddy’s child at time of Buddy’s death but suffered a miscarriage

Day The Music Died

• Performed for the last time during “The Winter Dance Party” tour that began on January 23,1959 in Milwaukee, Wisconson.
  • Chartered private plane to make concert date in Clear Lake, Iowa on February 2, 1959.
  • Airplane crashed on February 3 due to flying during inclement weather killing Buddy along with other performers such as Richie Valens, and The Big Bopper.
  • Buddy Holly was only 22 years old when he died.</li

css box:

$blue: #a3d5d3

#main {
background-color: blue;
color: black;
}
#title {
background-color: blue;
color: black;
padding: 40px;
font-size: 36px;
text-align: center;
}
h1 {
text-align: center;
font-size: 36px;
}

h2 {
text-align: justify;
font-size: 24px;
}

img {
display: block;
margin: 0 auto;
}

body {
background-color: $bl

1 Like

please create your own topic and share the link to your pen, so that it is easier to help you

I will try. I’ve never used the forum before and im confused by all of this. i’m not even sure how to actually test my code

this is my tribute project i will appreciate feedback in either to improve my project.
[tribute link]https://codepen.io/singuelema/pen/qBbWBWM

please create your own thread in the #project-feedback subforum