Tribute Page Html Element issues

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
Having issues with my Tribute Page project. Ran tests against my current code and i have passed 8 out of 10. The section of code giving me issues is pasted below. Could someone please TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT!!!.

Your code so far

NOI with President Buhari Ngozi okonjo Iweala with President Buhari at the statehouse

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:94.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/94.0

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

1 Like

Rather than sending a snippet of code it’s best if you send the link to your pen so we can see all your code.

Prior to doing that, when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

Getting used to the Forum. First time being on here. Here’s the link to my pen.

Please Help,
Seasons Greetings.

Make sure to read the failing error message very carefully

1. Within the “img-div” element, I should see either a <figcaption> or <div> element with a corresponding id=“img-caption” that contains textual content describing the image shown in “img-div”.

Now look very carefully at what you wrote

<figcaption id=image-caption>

Once you fix that then it will pass

1 Like

No worries.

As stated previously, when a test fails read the entire message.
In this case the failing message says

Within the "img-div" element, I should see either a <figcaption> or <div> element with a corresponding id="img-caption" that contains textual content describing the image shown in "img-div".
expected null to not equal null
AssertionError: expected null to not equal null

Do you understand what the test is looking for and why it fails?

Hint: Pay attention to the id attribute value.

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Seen the error. Fixed it. Test passed. :grinning: :man_dancing:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.