Tribute Page Image help

So i’ve had this problem for the past few times i’ve worked on my tribute page(i like to figure things out on my own usually because i learn things through and through and its more satisfying if i can answer my own questions). So the only tests i cannot pass are…

1. resizing the image relative to the parent element without exceeding the original.
  2. centering the image relative to hte parent element.

So i cant get the image to change size pr position reguardless of what i type into the style block. i’ve tried using the id, class , inline and even !important. nothing works…

.responsive-img {
  position: center;
   height: auto;
  width: 50px;
  max-width: 100%; 
}

other modifires in the style block work (mostly).
rpi4, debian buster, chromium
Any help would be much apprciated , thanks!
-Chris

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

It would be better to provide a link to your pen rather than a small snippet of CSS.
Without it, all anyone can do is guess.

Thank you i will remember that for future reference. I’ve figured out my problem, well actually i went on codepen to look at how other people did it and realized where i went wrong. But i do appreciate you and your timely response/advice.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.