Tribute Page: Jack Black - looking for feedback

So I know that this completes all tests necessary to complete the tests, but i am just looking for advice on the general layout and other css stuff i might be able to add ( or remove) to make it look better

Hello welcome to the forum!

Nice job getting all tests to pass. The image didn’t load for me by the way.

Your page is very simple, but it looks good. I see what you are going for with the simple white-ish and black. But I think it needs more color or background or something. Especially with no image visible, it’s kind of bland.

Maybe put a different colored background behind the list of movies? Even a different gray would give some visual depth. Maybe putting different fonts for the different elements would also make it more interesting?

I just checked on my phone, and my phone also won’t load the image but my pc definitely does. I dunno what is up with that.

I will definitely be playing around with some backgrounds for the list of movies and I will play with some fonts too and see what happens.

1 Like

Hi @wardbryan3, welcome to the forums.
Your page is very simple so there’s not much to say about it. Some things to note;

• verify your email address with codepen so we can see the full page view
  • On using codepen. codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • in the CSS section you don’t need the opening and closing <style> tags
  • most times titles (books, movies, etc) when mentioned in text are surrounded with the <i> tag
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links