Tribute Page: John Glenn [FEEDBACK]

Tribute Page: John Glenn [FEEDBACK]
0.0 0

Hello fellow campers,
Here’s my first FCC project, I’d really appreciate if you guys could dissect my project as much as possible. I decided to play around a little bit with a background image and embedding video. I feel like I really struggled with the positioning of the div elements. Tell me what I did wrong, what I could improve on. Tell me what you liked or disliked. And if possible, let me know HOW to improve in the aforementioned areas.

Here it is

Looks really nice on desktop. I like the background: subtle and the tex is still easily readable.

It isn’t responsive, but I wouldn’t spent too much time on this project. For the portfolio project I would suggest having a look at the Bootstrap docs. Bootstrap makes it really easy to make your website responsive.

So, nice job and good luck with the following challenges!

Just wanted to drop by and say that I like your page! The embedded video is cool. I’ve still got a long way to go before I get to the tribute page project, but I’m looking forward to it. Thanks for posting this!

I must also state that I chose not to use any libraries or frameworks, I went with HTML5 & CSS3 only. But thanks for your input, I did work through the Bootstrap exercises.

Thanks, keep working through the exercises and you’ll be there soon. Feel free to ask any questions.

Sure, Bootstrap is definitely not needed. Though, you might want to use media queries instead.

I was looking at some code examples from a textbook I’m reading and I wasn’t sure how to use it. They don’t explain it and just throw it in there and say “this is the effect of this”. I usually like to know why and how something works before I try to play with it. I don’t really feel comfortable working with layouts and element positioning. It’s still a very vague concept for me, maybe I just overthink it. Again, this is where Bootstrap can come in handy.