Tribute page - King D Dinis

King D Dinis

Hi,

Here is my first project, the tribute page.

All opinions are welcome to help me in this journey.

Edit: I just added de FCC test script, and it is failing in 1 test, related with de “a” element with Id=tribute-link.

What am I doing wrong?

tks

" HINT: You must give your element an attribute of target and set it to “_blank” in order for your link to open in a new tab (i.e. target="_blank")."

Check the spelling on your target.

1 Like

HI @Jonef !

As mentioned, you have a spelling error and that is why you are not passing the test.

But the big part about these projects is learning how to read the full error messages.
here is the part of the message you had missed.

The target attribute should be set to “_blank”, in order for the link to open in a new tab : expected ‘_blanc’ to equal ‘_blank’

Reading the full error messages will help you diagnose the problem.
Keep that in mind for the upcoming projects :+1:

Other than that, I think your project looks good.
One small thing to consider would be to get in the habit of formatting your code.
Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 6.44.04 PM

When you start working on larger projects, you will probably be using formatters like Prettier that take of this stuff for you.

But it is still a good habit to have :slight_smile:

Oh jeee!

thanks a lot to both.

What I tried to find a spelling error, but I was always looking to the “a” element and the id. As the _blank target was working (even with _blanc, the link opens in a new page), I didn’t look at that.

Great advice, about reading and understanding the error. In fact is written there, that the error was on the target. Very usefull for the future.

Now it has passed all the tests.

Let’s go to the next project.

One qustion that appears to me now. In real environment, how do we check the coding errors? Which tools do you use?

Errors will show up in the terminal or you can also check the console in your dev tools.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.