Tribute page: Leonardo da Vinci

Hello :wave:

I’ve just finished building my Leonardo da Vinci tribute page. I’d love to get some feedback to see how I could do better next time.

Here’s the link to the tribute page: https://codepen.io/scottdoakley/pen/JjRLMZG

I appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Scott

Hi @scottdoakley!

Welcome to the forum!

I think your page looks good.

A couple of things.

If you need to include links for the html section, you can add them in the stuff for head section in the html settings.

Also, there are some places where you might consider using the shorthand properties.

For example:

#image {
 border: 6px solid #77DD77;
}

instead of

#image {
  border-color: #77DD77;
  border-width: 6px;
  border-style: solid;
}

Same with the margin and padding shorthand

.green-button a {
 padding: 20px;
}

instead of

.green-button a {
 padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px;
}

Just something to think about as a way to shorten your code and cut down on repetition.

Hope that helps!

Hey @jwilkins.oboe

Thank you :relaxed:

And thanks so much for the feedback, that’s super helpful. I’ll make the changes you suggested and will keep them in mind for future projects.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!

Welcome! I am new here too and I don’t have any helpful advice, but I think your page looks good and everything seems to work properly. Nice touches like the button changing color when you hover over it. Keep it up, the projects are the best way to really learn how to code!

Thanks for this information! I’m finding I learn a lot by reading the feedback on other people’s projects. I haven’t given much thought to using shorthand properties to make the code more concise, but going forward I will.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: I need help with my project

Thanks @remotelyruth! And I appreciate the feedback, it’s nice to hear and also helpful to know what you think works well. Good luck with your coding!

1 Like