Tribute Page - Looking for feeback

Hi everyone!

I’ve finally finished my tribute page about my most favorite singer, Nina Simone. Now I would like to get some feedback about my final project. If possible, I would like to get critics around the coding per se and design(colors, fonts, etc.)

*I know I might have some issues in terms of response, I’ve been struggling with it.

Thanks,

Ana

Hi @AnaVeraCruz, your page looks good. Some things you may want to revisit;

• The free version of codepen allows only one project, but an unlimited number of pens. For this reason freeCodeCamp suggests the use of pens to do the projects for the first certification (note that the examples are in pens, and the test suite is also in a pen you can fork)
  • Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
  • On using codepen. codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links

Thank you very much for your feedback! Will this mistake of mine influence on getting my first certificate? Or should I resend it in the way you just told me?

Also, if this project would be graded based on the coding part, from 1-10 how much would I get?

Thank you!

I mention using a pen because you can create many pens for free. Codepen only allows you to create one project. After that, they charge you.

Projects don’t get graded. You create each of the projects and submit them and you can place them here if you’d like others to look them over and provide you with feeback. Once you complete the five projects you can claim your certificate after signing the academic honesty policy. They don’t get graded there either but some will be randomly pulled to ensure there’s no plagerism.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. But in regards to the project, where do you see i could improve? If there’s anything. So I can get better for the next one.

best regards,

Ana

You page looks good. The only things I would repeat is;

Edit:

• since you’ve highlighted the years in your tribute list maybe remove the bullet points.
  • I think there may be a typo in the time line. It goes from 1992 to 1933 to 2003.

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Ana, your project is awesome… is that a complete responsive website? if yes have you considered other css properties like flexbox, css grid, media query and other plenty features that you can integrate in your project to make it look as beautiful as you are?? the answer is no. I just saw pure Html without css or maybe on the image just a bit. you can do more. best of luck.

I don’t understand exactly what you mean with “no CSS” well, I’ve used, but maybe because I just used the basic one and some basic media queries, is that what you mean?

Just asking because I’ve used CSS, but not grid, flexbox, etc.
I appreciate your comment, and yes, I will improve it and upload again for further feedback.

It’s good to know what we can do to get better.

Thank you very much!

I noticed the little CSS application okay? The page is not colored it’s like you designed it for visually impaired victims (no hard feelings). All am saying is; combine some colors with ur knowledge of css to make your page stand out. - tips-: it’s css that makes a website eye catching HTML is just for the markup. Do & re-do until it is done. Happy coding :nerd_face:

Thank you for your feedback. I will improve it and will repost again for feedback.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.