Tribute Page - Ludovico Einaudi - Feedback please! šŸ˜€

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate any feedback regarding my newly created tribute page.This is the first time that Iā€™ve used a framework, and found it very useful to quickly put together a responsive layout.

Hereā€™s the link:http://kyebuffery.co.uk/projects/tribute/

Itā€™s hosted on my portfolio site, as I seem to be having some trouble with the navbarā€™s background on codepen. The code is hosted on jsfiddle below, should you wish to view it.

https://jsfiddle.net/gphsL88h/1/

Really need to start making these pages interactive, thatā€™ll be the next challenge! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Absolutely Love it!!

Really good job. Looks really professional and smooth.

Also, I love Ludovico Einaudiā€™s music (and play a few of his songs on piano too - my favorite ones being ā€œIn unā€™altra vitaā€ and ā€œDivenireā€)

Love the header and the album section.

The about section I feel needs work though. The grey picture clashes with the use of color photos in both header and album section. Also, the two column text and image that then becomes three text columns, of unequal length too, doesnā€™t work for me. Not convinced that white text on black background works too well either. I would experiment with lighter shades or even white.

For body text Iā€™d recommend seeing if a serif font improves readability. In the album section perhaps you could add a few more albums. Currently the section only covers half the screen.

Thank you. :grinning:

When Iā€™m coding, I often stick his music on and it really puts me in the right mindset. I really wish I was talented enough to play his music, I envy you! My favourites are ā€˜Flyā€™ and ā€˜Una Mattinaā€™, such a talented musicianā€¦

Thank you jvalonen, some positive and constructive feedback.

Iā€™ll definitely look at adding some more content into the Album section.

Admittedly, I may not be very ā€˜tuned inā€™ when it comes to colour, clashes and contrast but hopefully this will come with time. I will work on the About section, including the columns as I have to agree about the lengths being annoyingly varied.

Consider this a work in progress, Iā€™ll make your suggested adjustments and experiment with some interactivity.

1 Like

So Iā€™ve amended the page based on your suggestions:

• Serif font for large bodies of text
  • New picture with color added into About section
  • Color scheme adjusted, consistent throughout About and Album section
  • More SoundCloud links added into Album section

Iā€™ve also made the page more interactive with a lightbox Events section and a little prompt that appears in the bottom-right corner.

Would appreciate your feedback based on the updated page! :slight_smile:

http://kyebuffery.co.uk/projects/tribute/

Iā€™ve updated the fiddle with the amended code also.

The large text bit looks a lot better in my opinion. I think itā€™s more thanks to you changing the background color for the section and getting rid of the columns, not the font so much.

I would still adjust the width for the last three paragraphs, currently the eye has to travel too much from side to side. For comfortable reading there should be between 40-75 characters on a line of text.

I feel like the album section is a bit too dark. The background images for In a Time Lapse and Islands look really good (they also contrast nicely, one being darker and the other being very colorful), but the other three not so much. And on mobile the last three just look black.

In the header on my screen the text position becomes a bit funny.

1 Like

Feedback, feedback.

You code as good as he composes.

Thereā€™s your feedback.

:grinning: :hushed:

1 Like

Thanks once again jvalonen, really good feedback. :slight_smile:

So, Iā€™ve changed the images in the album section and completely agree that it looks a lot more appealing to the eye now!

Iā€™ve adjusted the padding on the main/header section to stop text overlapping ludovicoā€™s head.

Lastly, it took me a while but Iā€™ve added some further interactivity by making the last 3 paragraphs a slide show with some new images. Personally I think this looks better and challenged my JavaScript/jQuery skills.

Do you think thereā€™s anything else that could be improved?

Thanks Diomed, some high praise haha. :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m not too sure Iā€™m quite at that level yet but maybe one day?!

The album section looks really nice now.

I think you can leave this for now and move onto something new. :slight_smile: I look forward to seeing what your next project looks like.

1 Like