Tribute page My 1st Project

Hello everyone!

I just completed my first project . I would love to see your thoughts on my project.

Link to the project: Nunu Ntsingila

Your page looks good @Mephistophelos. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 8/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Run your CSS code through the same validator. There’s a checkbox to check the CSS.
    • There are errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • User’s do not see your page the way you want them too. You call;
    font-family: Roboto, elvetica Neue;
    but you don’t link to or import the “Roboto” font and there is no font named “elvitica Neue”.
    • In a case like this it would be good practice to have a default backup font like “sans-serif”.

Thank you @Roma for your reply, I will fix the wiki page and the font as well. What I noticed is my webpage doesn’t look good on a mobile phone. Any suggestions on how I can make it mobile friendly?

I tried using @media queries but seems like I still lack some understanding in it.

The same thing also happens to me when I optimize it for lower resolution devices, on my mobile it looks very large. Your page looks good, the only thing that would change is the image when changing the desktop resolution becomes too small. It should occupy 100% width.

I don’t see any of the changes incorporated. Have you pushed your fixes to this GitHub repo?
Also, don’t forget to also include the test script with all tests passing.

After incorporating the fixes noted above what is it that doesn’t look good. Since I’m not sure what’s changed since I’m still seeing your old page I can’t give a good response.

Hi Roma, I have made some changes on the page, however I was not able to apply the new changes on my repository in GitHub. I don’t know why because I updated my new code to the old files and the changes simply did not apply. So I opted to upload it on codepen.

tribute on codepan

Looks very classy! Love it!

1 Like

It still looks good @Mephistophelos but there are things to revisit. Some of them were noted previously.

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 7/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Don’t use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
1 Like