Tribute Page - Niki Lauda

Hello all! I finished first freecodecamp project.
Tribute Page for Niki Lauda

So, maybe the design is not my strong point, but the rest of things works well. Hope you like it. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks all!

2 Likes

I strongly disagree with you. I really like the design and layout of your webpage. :slight_smile:
I also like how the tabs turn around to reveal more info when you hover over them.

Perhaps something to make it pop more would be bolding some text. This way there is extra attention to the things this racer did.
Overall though, really nice page! Happy coding

Thanks for your feedback :slightly_smiling_face:. I’ll probably revisit it someday, although my objective for now is to complete this section (Responsive Web Projects), writing well code and move to the next chapter.

Looks really good. I think you matched the race car theme well!

I’d only add cursor: default; to the trophy-box class because for me it’s distracting that the cursor changes when the individual boxes spin around.

The cards with the years flip over and then flip back immediately not giving me a chance to fully read them.

Otherwise I think it looks nice :slight_smile:

Looks pretty good.

1. I would increase the font-size and line-height a bit (maybe 18px and 1.4).

2. You should un-skew the trophy-box paragraph text fully, skew(25deg) or at least have it no more than a few degrees skewed.

3. I would change the link color.

4. You should not import font weights you are not going to use.

5. If you want to use the <figcaption> element it has to be inside a <figure> element, a div is not a valid parent element.

figcaption

Permitted parents: A <figure> element; the <figcaption> element must be its first or last child.

Thanks you all you guys! I didn’t expect so many reviews :slightly_smiling_face:
I made all the changes except Bearklake suggestion, but i’ll find a way to do that thing, …javascript … or i don’t know right now. I’ll let you know

Looks better than mine! :laughing:

Just did the same topic +/- 1 month ago
https://codepen.io/abelpronet/pen/JqMNxm

I like your header! well done.

Agree with you, but also you have a clean design. So the tastes are different, … somewhat :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks for your feedback and keep up your good work