Tribute Page (Peter Snell) feedback request

Hi all,

I’ve been working through the excellent freecodecamp Responsive Web Design Certification and have just finished the first project (build a tribute page)

I would be grateful if anyone has time for a quick look and to give any feedback they might have.

At the moment I’m hosting it in GitHub Pages but I have forked the repo into the code sandbox

Thanks in advance for any comments you might have.

Welcome to the forums @greywidget. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Not sure if you noticed but even though you’re using the strong element the text on your page doesn’t render as such. This is because when you linked your font you only selected regular. The browser will try but does not know how to make the font heavier.
    The font you chose has 10 different styles. What you need to do is select the regular weight (400) and select the bold weight (700). Then you’ll see the dates in your tribute info will be bold.

Hi @Roma,

Thank you for taking the time to have a look, and to comment - I appreciate that.

Strangely, the strong does seem to work OK for me - on Chrome on my Windows PC and on Safaria and Firefox on my Mac, but I take your point - I hadn’t considered selecting more than a single font weight. I’ll certainly try that and see how it looks.

As an aside, posting this publicly made me reconsider my page. I’ve been working through the content and making sure to pass all of the tests. I also validated my page with the W3C Markup and CSS online validators as well as checking it with Koa11y. However, having now put it in the public domain - I realise that it’s not really going to wow anyone who looks at it.

I guess it’s an individual choice that we have to make - how much time to spend simply to get the qualification and how much to try to make something truly exciting and appealing that might stand up well as part of a body of work. I think I must strive to try to make something a bit more appealing and creative for the future!

Probably not any little project that you do is going to wow a potential employer. They’re going to want to see a bigger project.
For these first RWD projects, just have fun with them. They’re going to challenge you to do things you didn’t do when you went through the lessons.

1 Like

@greywidget I think it’s very good.