Tribute page project- feedback requested

Hello everyone. I am Milburn Brock. I go by the handle AtomicmBadger.

Some of you may remember me from a different email address. I have been inactive for several years, and have a slight relearning curve.

Anyway, here is the tribute project presented. Feedback welcome for those that would wish to do so.

Your page looks good @atomicbadger. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
      Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • “learn more” is not accessible

It may be just me and not anything you have to reconsider but there is a lot of empty space at the top.

1 Like

Roma,

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

I realize in hindsight that the “learn more” approach was to bait the reader to click the link. However that approach from older days does create accessibility weaknesses. After the fact, I can see that my page does rely a little bit too much on visually being able to see it.

The extra whitespace on top was a deliberate attempt to get past the left upper corner of the tests. I see that it worked on a larger computer console or screen, but not as well for mobile. So its success level was partial.

I will look again for the syntax issues. Thank you for taking the time to look at this tribute page assignment and make suggestions.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.