Tribute Page - Project Feedback - Sikh Military Commander

Hello everyone.

I finished my Tribute Page project. The project is at: https://codepen.io/kamalpreetgrewal/pen/abvEMww.

Please provide your feedback. It will be great if I can get some reviews and improve my work.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @kamalpreetgrewal,

Welcome to the forum and well done on finishing your Tribute Page. :slight_smile:

I like the colours and picture contrast on your page, it makes him look very impressive. I also liked how you managed to find short pullet points, as it makes your page easy to read and to the point.

Because I am new to web development, I will not be able to provide you with technical review of your code, however I did noticed few things that you might or might not find useful.

Firstly, the bullet points. I would remove them as at the moment they look little strange being all the way to the left. Secondly, your timeline is missing years for two bullet points. As someone reading your page, I would have expected there to be at least approximate time when the event took place. Finally, I am not sure if this is just my view but when I narrow the screen, the below happens:

The text seems to be lined to the left now and is not where I would expect it to be.

Nevertheless, I think you have done a great job and all your tests are passing. This is something I am still working on.

While you are waiting for someone to come along and give you more technical feedback, you might find the below discussion and shared articles useful. I found this today and think it is worth being pinned to the top for everyone to refer to. I hope you too find it useful. :slight_smile:

Common webpage design mistakes

Great work. Tribute to Baba Ji!
Here are some suggestions -

• what you build pretty much resembles the sample project, don’t take this in a wrong way but you can add more content to the website.

• Use colorhunt.co to get color schemes for your projects

• Don’t use list tag when you center the content on your website, either try one of these.
    text-align: left; or list-style-type: none;

I’m from India too. Let’s connect. Anyone who wants to connect can contact. let’s share our projects and give each other valuable feedbacks.

Hello @trix19,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I have made the caption text at the bottom of the image responsive and did the responsive setting for the bullet points too. The link you shared has a lot of useful information. I really appreciate your reviews. :grinning:

@zippytyro, thank you for your reviews. colorhunt.co is a great tool for color schemes. I have looked a lot of times in the past to get color scheme ideas but never found an ideal and easy one. Thank you for the information. :grinning:

Pleasures mine. Love to help people

Welcome to the forums @kamalpreetgrewal. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Verify your email addr with codepen so people can see your page full view
  • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 9/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should address.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • I see a lot of first pages with a lot of values for the font-family property. At least one of them you don’t link to or import. Generally you should have one or two values and a fallback value.
1 Like

@Roma, thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I have followed in and worked on all the points you mentioned. I have always waited on detailed feedback like this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Glad I could help @kamalpreetgrewal. Nice job cleaning everything up.

1 Like