Tribute page project html/css

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing well.

Just wanted to share my first project and it would be great if someone could give me a feedback on my html / css structure and advise on how I could improve it.

I’d appreciate any feedback you can give me

Thank you
https://codepen.io/Linas_Gal/pen/3476ead9efed87f48417ac6af6c8a183

Hello! I noticed you placed this underneath the HTML-CSS subforum; I think it’s better to put it under the Project Feedback subforum as it’s what your post is about.

One thing to note is that in Codepen, you only need to put whatever is inside your <body> tag in the HTML section.

Also, design wise, it looks great! Maybe some things you can consider:

• Making the headings could use some bolder font, to differentiate it more from the rest of the content; this is known as visual hirearchy in design.
  • At small viewports, the background image doesn’t fill in the rest of the black background; maybe try to make the image fill the entire page instead (so try using cover instead of contain)
  • The shadow behind the image of Kobe Bryant may be a little too strong; try to turn it down a little bit and see if you like it more?
  • The name “Kobe Bryant” underneath his image has no whitespace; maybe try adding a little bit of margin-top to it?

Design is more on the subjective side of things so these are just suggestions that might or might not work for you, so feel free to experiment!

Hope you found this useful; keep going with the projects :smiley:
-Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for the feedback much appreciated.

1 Like

That’s brilliant. That’s way beyond where I’m at. Surely you’re using techniques well outside of the teaching materials leading up to this first project?

It looks very, very, good.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.