Tribute page project review!

First i made this: https://codepen.io/Stace13/full/xxdbpJP

But then i decided to challenge myself a bit more and add more color to it to match the overall vibe of the band (since its an k-indie band) & made this:

and i think i did it justice. I’d appreciate if any of you who get to see this give me feedback on how i did and what i can do to improve myself!
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @stace :wave: !! Welcome to the forum!!

Your tribute page looks nice. You definitely did justice to it :muscle:

You may want to run your code through the W3C Validator. You have a syntax error you may want to address.

Your page is also responsive. However, on smaller screens your quote stretches to the end of the container. Adding some horizontal margin or padding would be nice.

Happy coding!!

1 Like

Your page looks good, I would only recommend to make your page more interactive, you can add another subsection (for example an internal link) at the beginning or end of the section.

Specially the ending part, I think you can improve.
Congratulations for your work.
Best of wishes

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @stace. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • The font-family in your body declaration was copied from the sample project. There are fonts there that are not linked properly so will never be used. Don’t copy code from the sample projects.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • blog” and “wikipedia entry” are not accessible
1 Like

hey👋 thank you so much for the feedback I’ll get right on it!

I’ll take it into consideration, thanks! :slight_smile:

Thank you, glad to be part of the fam :))
Also thanks for the feedback, this was very helpful! I’ll switch up the fonts and fix everything else and post the ending result here again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.