Tribute Page Projects

Hello, I’m having a bit of an issue creating a tribute page. I’m not exactly sure what I should do. Could I please get some help? Thank you.

what’s your code? what have you tried so far? what kind of helo you need? what’s going wrong? what have you tried to fix it? etc

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<main> 
<h1>The Life and Times of Paul Walker</h1>

So this is what I’ve written so far. Am I on the right track? Also, the test suite template looks so foreign to me as it looks really different from what I learned with.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

The easiest way to get started is on Codepen. Are you working there? If not here are some instructions:

1. Go here: https://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/pen/MJjpwO
  2. Click the “Fork” Button.
  3. Now you have a place to write your code and to see what the page looks like. You can read the instructions in the JS code editor. Basically you should keep the script that is already in the HTML code editor. That creates the green menu in the upper left corner of the page. That is how to test your page.

Also, if you need help with your project as you work on it, just post the link to your Codepen project here in a forum post. That way we can see all of your code.

if you find codepen confusing, you can use for example repl.it, there you can create a repl with the html file and write stuff there (you stil need to include the script tag you find in the pen to fork)

the difference is that codepen does a lot of stuff in the background, like linking html and css together, and writing the head element and such

in codepen you write what you would put in body tag in the html box and what you would but in the style tag in the css box, and if you want to write metadatas, that is added in the settings of the pen

Thank you so much! I’ll try this now.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help.