Tribute Page (R.J.Fisher) - looking for feedback :(

Hello! This is my first project - “Tribute page”: http://codepen.io/badstyle-goodstyle/full/pNbmed/ .
I’m not so experienced yet, and my solutions of “how to make some interactivity” are quite improperly made, I suppose.
It would be nice to hear any advice or criticism from other person to improve my skills, rethink my inappropriate way to develop the internal representation of the project. Any feedback is welcome!

Hi @badstyle-goodstyle,

CSSlinter:

#left-column {

}
  • An error :
.more {
  font-size: 16px;
  font-family: 'Gloria Hallelujah', cursive;
   cursive;  <-- here
}
  • Unknown property ‘text-color’
a {
  text-color: white;
}

MDN documentation:
color - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN

The color property sets the foreground color of an element’s text content, and its decorations. It doesn’t affect any other characteristic of the element; it should really be called text-color and would have been named so, save for historical reasons and its appearance in CSS Level 1.

Cheers and happy Coding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is only a recommendation:
A Line In The Sand, A Story About Meaty Chili and Using Classes | CSS-Tricks - CSS-Tricks

Oh, I didn’t know that. I used a lot of id’s for stylistic purposes 'cause it is easier for me to see some monitor changes.
Thank you, I will try to devote less time to individual elements in order to style them.

Empty rule
#left-column {
}

Fixed. Forgot to delete. :slight_smile:

An error :
cursive; ← here

Same problem… Thanks, removed.

Unknown property ‘text-color’

My bad… I was playing with style properties. Fixed this one too. Thanks.

1 Like