Tribute page - Raoul Wallenberg

Hey,
I’m new to Web Development. Finished with my Tribute Page project. Could someone please provide their feedback on it? Like, errors or if it needs more work, anything.
Also, although I’m regular on FCC to learn web development, what other things do freshers need to focus on? I read a lot of articles on medium, but your help would be appreciated :slight_smile:
Here’s the link :

If it’s shitty, let me know. I really need your honest answers

2 Likes

It looks nice. Congratulations.

1 Like

This is not a big deal but in mobile screen you can make the image bigger and wider. You can add some margin around the sections. Besides from all that the page looks really nice. Allura font is really good.

1 Like

It’'s nice.Well Done :partying_face:

1 Like

Thanks. Will work on it

Looks great but I would give you same advice I was given on my tribute page which is work more on your use of whitespace. Read some more on it and try to implement it.

1 Like

Sure. Will do some research on it. Thanks

Hi @Kamakshi! Welcome!:wink:
I like your project, good job!:+1:

Something you should correct is the use of the “quote” tag, which is not a valid HTML element. In this link you can learn about the different HTML tags you can use for quotes.

Cheers and happy coding!!:keyboard::heart:

1 Like

looks good from my site, may be a little less cursive is better for readablity

1 Like

Hey! Thanks a lot. Really appreciate your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like your page. And I agree with some of the above about the heavy use of text. Decrease the size of the box from say 100% of page to something like 50% or smaller. It is easier to read and text on monitors aren’t always the best way to pass on info. Brevity is the name of the game.

1 Like

Hi @Kamakshi, your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
  • On using codepen. codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • Running the validator would have shown you that <quote> is not a valid HTML element.
1 Like

Okay sure. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hey! Will definitely work on it. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like