Tribute Page (Stephen Sondheim)

Hi! I’ve been coding on and off for a few years now and wanted to jump back in with freecodecamp. I knew a fair amount of the basics in the HTML/CSS section going in, but CSS: Grid was completely new to me, so wanted to focus there when it came time for this project.
This is my tribute page to Stephen Sondheim. I’d appreciate any feedback you might have. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Natalie,

nice to meet you! :wave:

Congrats on your first project,
you did a great job so far! :clap:

My ideas:

• all tests pass, awesome!

• you can get a code validation:

• HTML validation
    • CSS validation
    • you will see some small errors, that’s totally normal; try to fix them from top to bottom, I think you are able to fix them! :+1:
  • nice work using CSS grid and grid-template-area :+1:

• you can increase the overall readability of your page by adding some more spacing, e.g. more padding in your text boxes; you can read more about it in principles of design

• when I decrease the width of my browser, there is a lot of white space above Bio and at the bottom of the page

Keep up the great work,
looking forward to seeing your next steps! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feedback! Today, I went through validation and tweaked the layout so the header’s relationship to the grid wouldn’t distort other sections of the page on resizing. I also made it so there are fewer characters per line in the Bio section and moved the buttons to create an improved design flow.

1 Like