Tribute Page, Survey Form and Landing Page

Hello! I’m Alexander, a beginner here on the forums and in web development. For the past few months I’ve done the first three project and have shared them in Reddit, and I thought I could get some feedback here too. The first two are pretty similar to the example projects, the last one does have differs a lot more and I just completed it. Here are the links to the first three Responsive Web Design projects:

Thank you all for your time, hope you’re doing good during these times. Stay safe and keep coding!

1 Like

Your pages look good @Alexander15M. Some things you may want to revisit;

• When using codepen it only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are errors on each of your pages that you should clean up.

tribute page

survey form

• Don’t use the <br> tag to force spacing or line breaks. Use margin and/or padding in CSS
  • change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button

landing page

• I was waiting for the landing page to finish loading. It took me a little while to realize it was loaded. Light grey text on a white background does not show.
  • Same issues with the images. You have a GitHub account, just host the images there.
1 Like

thanks on the feedback! I appreciate it. As for the landing page background, it shouldn’t be white, it should be an image. Not sure why none of it isn’t loading for you. I’ll go take a look. I was using Cloudinary for hosting but I guess it is not working (although I showed family and friends the page and it was loading for them). Should I not use it?

I’ll work on these things, thanks again!

E: fixed the problem with the images, they should work now!

• The tribute page looks good. One thing to improve is to compress the image size as it takes a lot of time in loading.
  • The survey form is minimalist type I like it.
  • For the product landing page the newsletter sign up form should be a little bigger. The input box is too small, also the font should have more contract there. It’s difficult to read.
  • In our products section, the last image is missing. Maybe the URL isn’t working.

All over the projects are good. As there is always some room for improvements.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Alexander15M It took a while but I did a review of your project! Let me know if you like it :smiley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxLqyCftMwg

1 Like