Tribute Page to Shigeru Miyamoto

This is my tribute page: Shigeru Miyamoto Tribute Page. It’s my first big coding project and I finished it yesterday.

Looking at other projects makes me think that my coding is not very polished, so any constructive feedback would be appreciated.

1 Like

Awesome! I don’t normally like repeating backgrounds, but this totally works. I love your font choices, too. Super cool little tribute for this legend.

As far as code organization, I wouldn’t worry too much about your first few projects, but based on what I see here i can offer a few tips for future projects:

• Keep all of your styling in stylesheets. Consider this a rule with few exceptions rather than a guideline - there are very specific circumstances under which you should use inline styling, and style tags aren’t good practice when you already have a stylesheet.

• In a related matter, the color attribute has been deprecated in HTML. Keep that in CSS!

• Don’t bother with <i> or <b> tags. You’ll want to use <em> and <strong> if you would say the word differently out loud when reading, and a <span class="something_to_change_text"> when it’s purely cosmetic.

The more you do, the better you’ll get. Before you know it, this stuff will be second nature!

I really like your project. It gave me some ideas and made me feel better because the example used all bootstrap, but I don’t feel comfortable doing that. I’m glad to know I can use CSS freely.

I like it a lot.
Only one thing I’d change (which goes for my own tribute page too!) to be more in keeping with the rest of your page - and thats the font. Seems a bit standard and the rest of your page is above standard! :wink:
COOL

That’s a really cool site. The background and the font choice works fantastically well with the subject. Fantastic!