Tribute Page - What do you think?

Hey everyone, I just completed my first webpage and the first project of the Web Design Certification!

This is the link to the page:
Madam CJ Walker

I would appreciate any feedback (especially the ones that will help me get better!)
Thanks! :slight_smile:
Matteo

1 Like

Hello, I think your page looks good. I think you should look into flexbox if you are not yet familiar with it. You could use it for styling your nav menu. Right now your nav menu isn’t all that nicely aligned and a perfect fix for this would be using flexbox.

Also if you are interested in using different fonts for your project, keep in mind you can import any google fonts that you might like and use those instead.

Alright, thanks so much. I’ll do my best to implement your suggestions!

Welcome to the forums @matteovannucchi. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). (After cleaning one issue you may have to run it again)
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
    • Remove the style tags from the CSS editor. It will cause problems. The CSS editor is the same has having a CSS stylesheet. You would not put HTML tags in a stylesheet. In addition, the style element is only used in HTML in the head element.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • wikipedia, etc” is not accessible

I don’t often comment on styling but maybe you could remove the bullet points since each of the dates starts bold.
Also, aligning the timeline to the left would make it easier to read.

Thanks, I really appreciate it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Dont create poor design, make that with good quality,because ithat is you review :slight_smile:
My advice. 3/10*

Even if you copy any roots of this html, dont make that poor, for example here is my page.
https://codepen.io/TomTory/pen/dyvWWvz

I was try make realy good design, and use as maximal @media(max-…:…px)
For learn and style of design :slight_smile:
I hope next time you do more better.

@tomasmatusek, please don’t put down someone’s effort on styling a page. No one here is a designer. The OP’s page has a good design and flow.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment, it was my first webpage but I’ll try to improve it.
Congrats on yours though, looks good!

No no, I dont mean like that :slight_smile: But if u feeling, I apologise.

How it say, after that he can present his job maybe any employeement ye ?
I just try little bit push him better :slight_smile:
Im all time learning :slight_smile:

Nice, just read many resources, with time you will be somewhere.

Great, thanks! Do you have any resources that you found useful to recommend?

In the timeline 1886 is before 1884. That’s easy to correct.
Center aligned text is hard to read on my phone, as I get 1-3 words per line.

Hi, thanks for pointing that out!
Got it, I’ll change it then.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.