Tribute page1: Alexander Fleming

Hi guys, this is my first project. Any feedback would be much appreciated :smiley:
1 Like

Welldone and keep up the good work,but there are some things that need to be corrected.
1.I think the history of Sir Alexander Fleming should go to the left side not the middle

1 Like

thanks for the feedback :smile:

You are very much welcome

Hey there! It looks great! The only thing I might change is the color of the Wikipedia hyperlink. It doesn’t fit well with the rest of your color scheme.

1 Like

Good point. Thanks for the feedback :smile:

Well done, I like the colors you choose. I think the history can stay in the center. Some small details: The heading " Here is a Timeline of Sir Fleming’s Life" definitely is too close to the picture and too far away from the text, it belongs to. Try text-align: center; for the history, maybe it looks better. I also agree, that the link should be in the dark blue you used elsewhere, to harmonize more. Try to make the fig-caption a little smaller and italic, maybe. I catched a typo: it is Wikipedia, not wikepedia :face_with_monocle: That´s all. Keep having fun coding and see you in the next project ! (I also just completed my first tribute page).

3 Likes

I didn’t even see the typo! :woman_facepalming:t5: Thanks so much for the feedback and happy coding!

2 Likes

You are welcome and thank you! :grin:

Welcome to the forums @Rashmi_Rajah. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • Mentioned because you have elements out of order. Everything the browser displays belong in the body element. You have elements outside of it.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Do not include the style tags in the CSS section of codepen. It will give you problems.
    • The style element is only used when doing internal styling in HTML. Since all styling should be external there’s no need from them.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it, there are things to clean up.
      • You’ve used unknown properties and that will affect how your page displays.
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
3 Likes