Tribute Project / Charmed

Hey Everyone I just finish my Tribute Project . Hope you guys like it. Feedback is welcome https://codepen.io/fieldsd/pen/GRRYROK

1 Like

passes all tests so high five to that! only thing i think is a little exaggerated are the boxes over each name, the name is so small and the boxes are very long.

1 Like

Hi @dnicolef, your page looks good. A couple of things you may want to revisit;

• codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
    • I only mention this to save you from typing. Most devs have a template that has basic html header info that they cut&paste. codepen has done that for you
  • codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • In the HTML section you’ve an id that is used more than once
    • In CSS you have an extra closing curly brace. Not hurting anything but it can be cleaned up.
  • Another reason for mentioning how codepen works is where you put a link to fonts you want to use (if you’re not importing them). I notice you have calls to a couple of fonts in CSS but the fallback fonts are used. You may have Roboto and ‘Francois One’ loaded locally but they’re not found in codepen. You’ll have to either link or import them.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links
1 Like

Thanks for your feedback I will work on it

Thanks for the feedback

1 Like