Tribute project completed

Below is the link to my tribute project
Mxolisi Tribute

Please provide feedback

Hey @westluv077
Welcome to FCC Forum.
Your page looks nice. Some things to rework.

• Your image is not visible.
  • don’t include CSS in HTML. there a separate section for CSS.
  • there is no Test Script.
  • Make the link center.

Hope this helps you.
Thanks,
Codely

Welcome to the forums @westluv077. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
  • Keep all of your styling external. Do not use internal styling or in-line styling.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
      • note that it’s only <p>. there is not such tag as p2, p3, etc
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.

(I’m seeing your image)

Hi @westluv077!

Be careful not to repeat the same id multiple times in your html page.

<!--Only use this id once. IDs are unique -->
id="title"

Hi all, thank you for your feedback. Image should be visible, CSS in the right place, Test script included, Link centered, In-line styling not used,

tags fixed and Id not repeated. Please see below the link for the amended project

I hope all is in order.

Thank you

@westluv077
You have made better but you have one thing still more

• You no need to include the style tag in the CSS section because already the CodePen know that it is a CSS file

• but still the image is not visible for me.

Hope this helps you,
Thanks,
Codely

Thank you. The style tag has been removed.
Please trying opening the link with another browser, perhaps don’t clink on the link but copy it and paste on another browser to open.

@westluv077
Sorry, It opened in Chrome.
I usually use firefox but it didn’t open the image

Hi @westluv077!

Thanks for making those changes with the ids.

There are still some errors that need your attention.

Noted, i am glad you came alright.

1 Like

I will look at it, thank you.

j’arrive pas a voir votre projet

I think you deleted the pen, cant access it rn

Please click this link to view

Good job cleaning things up @westluv077.

Run your code through the W3C validator again. There are some things that still need attention. Mainly they are typo’s so it should be click.

In codepen, click on the down arrow in each section and then click on the ‘format’ link. In the CSS section you’ll see how much easier it makes reading the code. It’s a good practice to format correctly for readability.

Please is it possible to do the project in VS Code , i really having a hard time using codepen since its my first time

You can code your project in your local machine and then copy the code and paste in the code pen to the correct section.

@Odefo
Please create a new topic. don’t continue in this topic.

Please ignore, this is for everyone.

My code has been ran through the W3C validator, though i am still getting error no4 even though i do have an opening an opening p tag.

Please assist.

@westluv077, it’s hard for me to rephrase why this is happening but according to the HTML5 specs the closing p tag is not required when the opening p tag is immediately followed by some elements.

Great! I didn’t describe it well at all.

Here is a link to the specs that describe why it works the way it works.
The way you’re using it, you don’t need to put the unordered list within a paragraph.