Tribute Project Feedback needed

Hello,

I do have a degree in Web Development from 2007, but I never took up a career. In the end, I transitioned to being an Online Poker Player until 2020.

Now I’ve decided to comeback and restart my career, starting a fresh.

My coding is currently limited, but I have finished the Tribute Project. Small amount of code, but I think it is correct.

I would like some feedback on how to improve.

Thanks.

https://codepen.io/shauncraig/full/mdrZGNE

Welcome to the forums @anon92163060. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There is an HTML coding error you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • The footer element should be outside of the main element. Maybe do a search using something like “html semantics
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • wikipage” is not accessible
  • You use CSS…is there a reason you chose the SCSS preprocessor?

I don’t often comment on design because I’m not the best at it. Some things to think about (you don’t have to incorporate);

• Using a font from Google fonts can give your page a little extra flair.
  • Maybe do away with the bullet points
  • Put a little line height in the list

Thanks for these comments.
Ah the W3C validator, I will do.

That’s why I didn’t quite understand the code.
Thanks for pointing out that the footer is in the wrong place.

I’ll get better at coding quickly.

I forgot that the instructions say you “should have an element with a corresponding id="main", which contains all other elements” It does say to use “an element” and not necessarily a main element.
The instructions do not tell you to use a header or footer so know that they would not normally be in the main element.

I’ve had a look at details in w3schools info.
It should be contained within body tags
No mention about main tags though (from the body tag page)

I rushed through to the 1st project, now I’m taking my time.
I think I need to learn more about HTML/CSS first.
Might watch a few more videos then comeback to the 2nd project.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.