Tribute project, feedback welcome

Hey there!
I’ve started learning how to code not long ago and I’ve already completed the first project in FCC. I am looking for your feedback and criticism.

Alan Rickman Tribute Page

1 Like

Awesome man keeping coding build more project learn more and more happy coding man

Very good first project. Keep going, don’t stop now. Much better than my first project.

Welcome to fCC, thanks for posting your project! I’ve included a few notes below:

• Don’t forget the alt="image description" tag on img elements in your HTML

• Check out this article on recommended line length for text on the web. You generally want to contain main textual content on your page to a set width, rather than taking up the entire screen. If I’m viewing this page on an ultra-wide monitor I could be literally turning my head from left to right to read!

• It’s not mandatory, but you could convert the following code for length/readability:

margin-top: 10px;
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto;

to:

margin: 10px auto 0 auto;

This reads 4 values going clock-wise from top, right, bottom, left margins. Same can be done for padding.

edit: One last note, I don’t think your media query is necessary. I see you are using it to fix your layout at smaller sizes, and it works well, don’t get me wrong! However, you could set your website up for smaller sizes simply by fixing some margins and padding in your original code. It would be possible to make these dynamic by using dynamic units like vw, vh, rem, em, and % instead of px.

Looks super good! You could improve it by finding a way to keep your linear gradient background within your main div border radius :slight_smile:

Thanks! I will work on improving the project

Edit:
Thank you @shadew, I removed the media query and adjusted some lines of code and it works even better now :smile: . Also added a border around the image because why not :smiley:

1 Like