Trouble with "Create a Horizontal Line Using the hr Element" lesson

I had the exact same issue, and I don’t think I would have figured that out without your post. Thank you sooo much. I think its most likely a bug.

2 Likes

Thanks, me too, among everybody else, had been stuck for a while

2 Likes

Thanks. I think is special bug for activate command work.

2 Likes

Thank you for your information i had the same issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the hint I also got this problem

2 Likes

Thank you so much :smile: Stuck on the same problem

2 Likes

Thanks for this post, it solved my problem of being stuck on that same challenge. I can see it helped a lot of people. But can I ask why we had to wrap the p tag in an em tag?

2 Likes

@SpaceCatInd thanks a lot

2 Likes

@SpaceCatInd keep up the good work :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I knew that was a bug
thank you !

2 Likes

Thank you !
By the way, something like “move em tag outside the paragraph” or “wrap the paragraph with em tag” should be added to the indication.

2 Likes

Thanks @SpaceCatInd ! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you very much! It did help a lot!!!
Kind regards!!

2 Likes

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @QuincyLarson, it’s not a bug I encountered myself, so I am not confident and that is why I brought it to your attention, but perhaps the OP can? @SpaceCatInd

2 Likes

Thanks so much @SpaceCatInd! That was going to drive me nuts.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, SpaceCatInd, for the hint, I was stuck on this for a while! You help me a lot SpaceCatInd.

2 Likes

Thanks! I was just about to make a post about this same topic. Funny how the code editor can be so temperamental at times.

3 Likes

Hi there , just change this:

<p><em>Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were <u>Ph.D. students</u> at <strong>Stanford University</strong>.</em></p>**

to this:

<em><p>Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were <u>Ph.D. students</u> at <strong>Stanford University</strong>.</p></em>
5 Likes

Thank you @SpaceCatInd

3 Likes