Trouble with Tooltips D3 Bar Chart

So I think I have the project finished but the 2nd tooltip test is failing whenever its picking a date that’s earlier than October. For every bar with the month of October I pass all the tests.
This is the error I get:
Tooltip's "data-date" property should be equal to the active area's "data-date" property: expected '1999-7-01' to equal '1999-07-01'
But that error doesn’t make sense to me because im actually copying the value from the bars data-date property and passing it to the tool tip. I also console.log() every value from the tool-tip and they seem to be all right. I noticed the test somehow deletes a zero form the month but I don’t know why.

Heres the link to my pen :

Look at the error; the month has the wrong format. It expects 07 and your code provided 7. Looks like you would need to modify how you set the data-date attribute.

Anytime something works for 10 and up and fails for smaller values, suspect a formatting issue where a two digit format is expected, but one is provided.

I know. But if you check the values with dev tools they are exactly the same. Somehow the test gets rid of one zero. I console log both values and they are the same. If I do it the same way like in the provided solution page. It gets stuck at the first value from the JSON.

Okay this is some very strange behavior I simply put the .attr(data-data, time) line above the .text() method. And now somehow it passes every time all tests.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.