Two applications, one code. What to do?

I started creating applications for the phone, and I’m just starting to learn how to write code on my own, for this reason I take the code partly from the Internet. Now I have one theme of two applications and I looked at both codes and realized that they are more similar … Who knows how to avoid this? What would be the code for each unique?
Looking for a solution on the Internet, I found such a service, it seems to help, but maybe someone worked with it, what can you say?

Not really understanding the issue here. You have written two programs that are similar and you want them to be different? Why not just not use one and keep working on the other?

It turns out that I have two applications on the same topic, but there is no point in writing two different functionalities, it is long and confusing. I want to take one code for two applications and make it only look different, but the inside is the same.

It sounds as if you have two websites that have the same structure and functionality but have different content. You want to be able to write one instance of code for use with both websites?

If that is the case, can you provide the code for both of the sites, so we can see what they have in common? Then, we will have a better idea of how best to advise you on such a structure.

How are you currently hosting the two apps?

Yes, I want to use this one code for two applications. But rename some components. That is, I do not have a second code. I heard that there are services for code analysis, right?
Found the AppRefactroing service, have you heard of it?

This does not make any sense to me. Why would you have duplicate code in two different apps but rename some of the components? If the components inner code is the same, why would you need to rename them? That seems like extra work because you would also have to change were you called them in one of the sites.

Maybe he means “components” in a non-technical sense? Like things in the UI?

I too am having trouble understanding what you mean.

If you mean that the programs are the same but the difference is that the colors and text change mostly, then you might consider one program but it can load up different data files that contain that other stuff. This could be done at build time or run time.

Yes I understand. Thank you! Have you heard about the AppRefactoring service? He seems to be doing an analysis for the source, do you think it’s worth using?

It seems to be a service for checking code plagiarism, eg if you hire a developer you can run the code they produce through the service to check if they have just copied it from somewhere else. Alternatively it could be a service to make tweaks to code that’s been copied to make it not look like it’s a direct copy to bypass app store plagiarism checks. I’m not sure which of these two things the service is.

As it is, it has nothing at all to do with what you seem to be trying to do

1 Like