Type O Negative - Tribute Page (feedback)

Hello campers,

I just finished my first project for FCC. I’m very happy with the result but I know there is always some room for improvement.

Please let me know what you guys think and how it could be made better.

Type O Negative - Tribute Page

Thank you.

[Great work! But i guess type o negative isn’t a human :blush:]

1 Like

It isn’t lol it’s a band I really like.
I though you could make a tribute page for band/musicians as well.

Are you new to web dev ?
I would like to join another dev’per

1 Like

I am. I started at FCC about 2 weeks ago.

Does “dev’per” mean developer? I am really knew to just about everything lol

Yea I am new too! But i thought maybe we could team up and share up code work since we all have same goals.

1 Like

Definitely! I would love that.

My fb = ohene kuabena
whats your fb or platform you use?

Hi Luca, really? Their cover of Black Sabbath (Nativity in Black) is in my top ten. About the site, well I think you might work on the background:

• I see it breaks before the content is finished, I made a tweak at:
.content {
	background-color: #000000;
	height: 100%; /* you said 2550px which was not enough*/
  • the background margings are too tight (= words touch the margins, which is not very good looking), you need some more padding, so I made something like this:
#img-caption {
	background-color: #000000;
	(...)
        padding: 20px;

but I don’t know if it’s the effect you want.

By the way, great job :metal:

1 Like

I made the changes you suggested.

And yes, Type O Negative! I’m surprised someone knew about them lol

But anyway, thank you for your notes!

Your page looks good @luccarizzi. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 9/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to the font goes in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • The page needs to be responsive. It falls apart on smaller screens. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive.
1 Like

Thank you for the review. I went through all the mentioned issues and understood my mistakes. Should I re-upload the Tribute Page with the corrections?

@luccarizzi, not sure if this response was meant for me.
If you want to reply to a specific person click on the ‘reply’ where they made their comment rather than the general ‘reply’ button at the bottom.
You can also mention them by putting the @ sign in front of their name.

After all that you said:

If you edited the same pen then no, you don’t need to resubmit the URL after making changes since it will pick up all your changes. Just make sure you click ‘save’ after making changes.
If you create another pen to address issues then you will need to resubmit the new URL.