"un-corrupt" a challenge

Tell us what’s happening:

My code is failing when it shouldn’t. It works perfectly fine in VS Code with Chrome DevTool and even the challenge’s console is outputting correct data. Therefore, I conclude that there is a bug in the challenge itself.

So, I did a search on the Forum and ran across instructions on what to do if a challenge itself is corrupt. The instructions here:

state:

“Navigate to the Resources Tab”.

Well, there is no “Resources Tab”. Just:

Elements
 Console
 Sources
 Network
 Performance
 Memory
 Application
 Security
 Lighthouse

Any ideas how I can “un-corrupt” the challenge?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Your code so far

const sum = function sum(...args ) {
    return args.reduce((a, b) => a + b, 0);
};

var dSum;

dSum = sum(0,1,2);
console.log(dSum);

dSum = sum(1,2,3,4);
console.log(dSum);

dSum = sum(5);
console.log(dSum);

dSum = sum();
console.log(dSum);                        

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.135 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Use the Rest Parameter with Function Parameters

Link to the challenge:

Hello and welcome to the freeCodeCamp community~!

I have tested your solution on my end and it still does not pass - I do not believe this is an issue with the local storage, but rather with the code you have written.

The boilerplate starts you with const sum = (x, y, z) =>, which is the ES6 arrow function syntax. You have changed it to a function declaration instead, but left the const sum portion. This is causing errors.

You are on the right track with your code, but you want to leave the arrow function syntax in place. :slight_smile:

Wow. That was a quick response. Thank you.
I will re-examine my code.

nhcarrigan, I got it to work!

By the way, I see the term “Certification (300 hours)” next to each section on the FreeCodeCamp website. After I completed “Responsive Web Design Certification” I didn’t receive any certificate, PDF file notifying me that I am “Certified”, and email, or even a notification. So, is this “Certification” a formal one (to show employers) or is it just something specific to FreeCodeCamp?

I know this is off topic, but I thought you might know right off.

Thanks

You need to go to your account settings to claim your certificate. Before you can do so, you also need to agree to the Academy Honesty Pledge.

To make your certificate appear in your profile, you need to have your profile set to public.

it just something on fcc, but you still get a proper cert, just go to the settings to claim it