Understanding everything

Hello fellow codecampers!

I’ m wondering if It’s okay to not understand everything in the FCC curriculum. Is the idea to understand what you can do with JavaScript or remember those things. I’m thinking that when i need something i will propably google it and find it that way. The thing that i don’t understand too good is destructuring. Is it ok to continue without fully understanding it or should i spend more time on it?

I’ m wondering if It’s okay to not understand everything in the FCC curriculum.

Definitely. 100%. There is too much stuff for everyone to remember.

Is the idea to understand what you can do with JavaScript or remember those things.

The idea is to have a broad understanding of the concepts and to understand what is possible.

I’m thinking that when i need something i will propably google it and find it that way.

I am a professional developer, and I am often googling, checking MDN, checking documentation, checking Stack Overflow, etc.

The thing that i don’t understand too good is destructuring. Is it ok to continue without fully understanding it or should i spend more time on it?

On that specifically… That’s a pretty important concept. But yeah, it’s a little weird at first. I would spend a little time on it. Maybe look at some youtube videos. If you don’t 100% understand it, that’s fine. A lot of these things you just need to use several times for them to fully understand.

I would study it a little, then move on, knowing that you’ll be using it so it will gradually sink in. I (still) keep a notepad next to my computer with things I don’t have time to learn deeply now but that I want to come back to later.

2 Likes