Unexpected text showing up on the site

When I click the following link (“https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/basic-css/change-the-color-of-text”), here is what shows up:

This type of text is showing up on some new exercises I open , especially if preview pane is open.

"); var parser = new DOMParser(); var xmlDoc; if (mimeType.useXMLparser === true) { xmlDoc = parser.parseFromString(args[0].join(''), mimeType.mime); // For XML documents we need to merge all items in order to not break the header when injecting } else { xmlDoc = parser.parseFromString(args[0][0], mimeType.mime); } if (xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName("parsererror").length === 0) { // if no errors were found while parsing... xmlDoc.documentElement.insertAdjacentHTML('afterbegin', injectedCode); if (mimeType.useXMLparser === true) { args[0] = [new XMLSerializer().serializeToString(xmlDoc)]; } else { args[0][0] = xmlDoc.documentElement.outerHTML; } } } } return instantiate(_Blob, args); // arguments? } // Copy props and methods var propNames = Object.getOwnPropertyNames(_Blob); var _LPC14 = 1; var _LP14 = Date.now(); for (var i = 0; i < propNames.length; i++) { if (_LPC14++ % 2000 === 0 && Date.now() - _LP14 > 1500) { (function (e) { console.log("Potential infinite loop detected on line " + e + ". Tests may be failing because of this."); })(111, 4); break; } var propName = propNames[i]; if (propName in secureBlob) { continue; // Skip already existing props } var desc = Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(_Blob, propName); Object.defineProperty(secureBlob, propName, desc); } secureBlob.prototype = _Blob.prototype; return secureBlob; }(Blob); // https://developer.chrome.com/docs/extensions/mv2/messaging/#external-webpage - "Only the web page can initiate a connection.", as such we need to query the background at a frequent interval // No hit in performance or memory usage according to our tests setInterval(function () { chrome.runtime.sendMessage('fgddmllnllkalaagkghckoinaemmogpe', { GET_LOCATION_SPOOFING_SETTINGS: true }, function (response) { if (_typeof(response) === 'object' && _typeof(response.coords) === 'object') { hookedObj.genLat = response.coords.lat; hookedObj.genLon = response.coords.lon; hookedObj.fakeGeo = response.fakeIt; } }); }, 500); //]]> } hookGeo(); })();

Here is another example:

Is this happening to anyone else or just me?

Hello @ytrkptl !

Mine shows correctly.

I wonder if there may be an extension preventing yours from loading properly.

Have you tried exiting the step and re-entering it?

Clearing the cache?

Maybe try with a different browser.

Happy coding and Happy New Year!

1 Like

Yes, I have tried exiting the step and re-entering it. I have also tried refreshing the page. It only happens on initial page load and only the first time you are trying to see a preview. I tried deleting the GitPod extension that I downloaded recently, but that did not seem to make a difference either. It is working fine on Mozilla browser and Vivaldi browser but not on Chrome. Anyways, thanks for the response.

2 Likes

I am using one of the browsers you mentioned that is works on @ytrkptl.

Happy coding!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.