Unsure of Basic Webpage Issue

Not sure why the 12th (or 13th) test is not computing. I’m doing exactly what I need to for the Responsive Web Design challenge, which requires me to do the following:

12. When I click the #submit element, the email is submitted to a static page (use this mock URL: https://www.freecodecamp.com/email-submit).

My code is below:

I believe my code for the form portion is correct, but if you could tell me what I may be doing wrong, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.110 Safari/537.36 Edg/96.0.1054.62

Challenge: Build a Product Landing Page

Link to the challenge:

We need to see the link to your pen.

In the meantime, when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

You only showed the first line of the failing message.

Here is my link: Rubik’s Cube Product Page (codepen.io)

So the full failing message says

When I click the #submit element, the email is submitted to a static page (use this mock URL: https://www.freecodecamp.com/email-submit).
The #email input should have a name attribute : expected false to equal true
AssertionError: The #email input should have a name attribute : expected false to equal true

Do you understand what the test is looking for and why it fails?

The next failing message says

The navbar should always be at the top of the viewport.
#header or one of its children should be at the top of the viewport : expected 21.4375 to be close to 0 +/- 15
AssertionError: #header or one of its children should be at the top of the viewport : expected 21.4375 to be close to 0 +/- 15

Again, you need to read the entire message but this one is harder to figure out. You have your elements coded incorrectly. That is, they are out of order.
You can run your HTML code through the W3C validator.

You should know that everything the browser renders belongs in the body element. You don’t have that.

On a side note, codepen only expects the code you’d but between the body tags in its HTML editor.

I see the error, thank you I wasn’t expecting the error to be something outside of the form HTML I wrote.

I’m glad you were able to see it.

Go ahead and review the order of how elements should be in an HTML document. (Take a look at your other projects too)

If you have further questions, come back and ask. While we won’t give you exact answers we’ll help guide you to a solution and we’re here to help.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.