Upgrading Meeting for Good tool

A few of us at the Digital Life Collective came across the scheduling tool called Meeting for Good and are interested in supporting some improvements. We’re thinking about adding the ability to send a meeting invitation out to people who are available at a given time, and also to restrict the possible times for a given event more flexibly than just the earliest and latest times (e.g. between 2-4pm or 7-9pm for a given day, and other time slots on other days).

Any interest in working with us on that among the campers here? If so, please email me: ben(at)conversationcollabortative(dot)com. And check out the Digital Life Collective in general. Might be many elements of what we’re up to that are of interest to folks here.

Are you planning to create your own fork of the Meeting for Good repository? Or are you planning to submit enhancement issues to the existing application?

Thanks for the reply, Ariel! At this point, we are just exploring how we might engage with folks here. We couldn’t find the GitHub link, so maybe our next step should be to review that.

Can you tell us anything in general about the interest there might be in adding the kind of enhancements I described above? Seems like that would be preferable to a fork. Plus, I’m not sure what kind of coding chops we can marshal on our end. Some people within the Collective are quite skilled, others like me are not coders at all, but are interested in using this tech, and in supporting the development of more tools and platforms like it.

I’m not one of the team members working on Open Source For Good (the parent of the Meeting for Good project), so I don’t know how well your particular enhancements fit with the near-term goals of the project. But you can certainly create an issue and submit a corresponding pull request when you’ve added the enhancement.
See the contributing guide for more information.

Thanks. Is that the only direct way to reach out to that team? What if we just want to get a general sense of how active they are, tell them about our use cases, etc?

You can look at the insights on GitHub and the commit history to see how active they are, who the biggest contributors are, etc.

1 Like