URL Shortener works but won't pass tests

Tell us what’s happening:


I am attempting to complete the URL shortener project and it works perfect when I test it manually but it won’t pass any of the tests. I’ve made sure a JSON response is sent if an invalid URL is entered and I’ve made sure the new “shortened” URL is functioning correctly. Maybe I’m missing something that I can’t test manually?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your project link(s)

solution: https://boilerplate-project-urlshortener.clarencedecoder.repl.co

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:88.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/88.0.

Challenge: URL Shortener Microservice

Link to the challenge:

Hello there,

Please note: Recently, the endpoints were changed. As such, this is no longer following the user stories:

app.post("/api/shorturl/new", (req, res, done) => {

You can POST a URL to /api/shorturl and…

Hope this clarifies

1 Like

Thanks again for the help, Sky020. This helped me get passed the first error of the tests and work out the rest of the tests!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.