Use of Rosetta Code sites examples

Could you give a link back to the Rosetta Code task page on problems based on RC tasks?
Something discoverable but discrete near the bottom of the task text would allow your users to know where the task came from. Each RC task has history and a discussion page that may be of use; and it also gives a nod to the RC site and its community.

Thanks. Donald ‘Paddy’ McCarthy.

Enhancement requests like this can be made in the form of GitHub Issues.

Really? What happens then?

The team decides whether or not they are going to add the feature. If they decide to add it, they plan when it would be scheduled to be worked on.

1 Like

Hmmm, is there a more responsive avenue for discourse?

Creating an Issue is essentially submitting an idea for discussion. Both contributors and other community members can then discuss it based on their interest in the feature. There is no way to force the issue.

Not force. Discussion would be good.

I guess you don’t care for attribution; or at least a conversation on the topic. Let us hope others will treat any freecodecamp requests for attribution in a better manner.

I think you misunderstand how the process of open source software works. You can make suggestions here, but you then have to hope that someone who is willing to actually make a contribution on the GitHub project actually reads this thread. This is a just a forum for FCC users, it isn’t the learning platform project itself. Being told how to actually raise issues that you care about regarding changes you would like to see (however small) and where you can have productive discussions regarding those issues is not an attack on you.

I genuinely don’t know what you’re upset with me about. The fact that one one has responded to your GitHub Issue? That has nothing to do with me. I’m just a forum mod. Between the FreeCodeCamp/FreeCodeCamp and FreeCodeCamp/learn repos there are about 350 open issues an pull requests. The people who address them are all volunteers. That’s just the process. You, of course, can assign that issue to yourself and submit a Pull Request. If you do so, remember to check your PR often because one of the core team members may ask you to make changes.

I don’t have anything against your suggestion. I think it’s probably a good idea to provide a reference to the original source for these challenges. Whether I agree with a camper’s enhancement request or not though, I’m going to give you the same information about how the process works.

I followed the advice, waited; waited some more… And was met with silence. Hence these follow ups were at least there is some indication of life. Thanks for your reply, at least.

No, I am pointing out that following advice, given in a helpful tone, that I did like, that advice seemed to lead to a dumping graveyard for my issue. It would be good if you first had some kind of triage scheme for issues to give more immediate feedback, even if that feedback is that one has to wait a time?

Thanks for your feedback.

Again, I don’t think you get how this works. The platform is built and maintained by a small set of volunteers. This:

This would be great! Just explain, given the lack of resource, how it would work (I’m not being sarcastic here).

Currently, if your issue is not “this thing is on fire” or is not something critical, the fact it has languished is a reflection of the fact that the people working on the application have limited time, and your issue simply isn’t very important, so is on the back burner. Yes, it would be lovely if the process were more user-friendly, but for process improvements, somebody actually has to figure out a process that works, persuade all the other volunteers to work that way, then manage the process, in their spare time, alongside fixing issues

If you can [learn enough to] implement the change yourself, and you made a PR with the changes then that would mean it would likely be implemented.
If you could figure out a way of triaging that works given a small, entirely volunteer workforce then that would also be good