Use other technologies then in my 9-5?

Hi everyone,

I’m a junior dev with 8 months of experience. In my 9-5 I work as a full stack web developer with spring boot and angular. However in my side projects I prefer to use react and node/express because I enjoy it more and it is easier/faster to develop with it. But on the other hand I feel like I would improve so much more/faster if I would use Angular and Spring Boot in my side projects as well and that I kind of waste my time but using those other technologies

What is your take on this? Do you work with other technologies in your side projects?

I guess that you will be more productive at work if you use the same environment.

But life is not all about being productive. It is also about having fun :slight_smile:
And the time spent with Node/React will may lead to being a smarter developer in the long run.

So my take is: Have fun!

Use whatever you’re more motivated to use. Sure, using Angular at home will help you know Angular at work. But on the other hand, you’re not going to stay at that job forever and the next one might be React based. There isn’t a right/wrong answer here. Just use whatever you’re interested in.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.