Use the Conditional (Ternary) Operator Broken

Tell us what’s happening:
I’m almost certain that this is code is the correct answer, and the only tests passing are the very first, to use the conditional operator. I’ve tried this on five different occasions, and nothing works. I tried using different equals operators, and tried switching the true and false part to see if it was a simple boolean problem, and got no different results. Thanks for your time. Also, having similar problems on Record Collection and Profile Lookup under Basic Javascript. This one is a new topic for me, but the other two I’ve passed easily in the past under a different account.
Thanks for your time,
Emily

Your code so far

function checkEqual(a, b) {
  return a === b ? "true" : "false";
}

checkEqual(1, 2);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.84 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/use-the-conditional-ternary-operator

"true" and "false" are not the same things as true and false.

Absolutely true statement. The directions coupled with the example make it seem that the output should be a string, not a boolean. Let me try that, and thank you.