Use the old platform

Hello my friends,

Is there any way to access the old platform of freeCodeCamp? What I liked in the old one was that if I got stuck in one exercise, I could see the answer and move on. In this new platform it only shows hints, but sometimes this is not enough. I’ve been stuck in express for one month, and I have no idea why my code is incorrect. If I don’t find a way to see the answers, I’ll just drop out from the platform, because I’m not being able to move on.

Share the source code, I think I can help you. I already completed the express challenges

all the guide articles are still available, if it’s not there now, it wasn’t there before . not all guide articles are complete, it’s always a work in progress

you can always ask for help in the forum, or move forward to next challenge from the list of challenges

1 Like

where is the button to see the guide articles? I don’t see it anywhere, in any module. It’s not available in the JS lessons, and it was before, because I have already completed JS and I used the guides when I got stuck. Now it’s not available.

it is the “Get a hint” button

some articles are more complete than others, some are not there

that’s why I say that if it is not there using old version doesn’t change anything

anyway, old version is not available

I’m stuck at: https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/apis-and-microservices/basic-node-and-express/use-the-.env-file

What code did you use there?

The “get hint” button doesn’t show a valid answer. It’s just a hint… It already had in the previous platform. It had a button with a hint, and a button to get a valid answers. Sometimes it showed more than one answer.

If it is not available now, it wasn’t before. Many challenges do not yet have a solution in the guide, nor hints.

When there is a solution you find it following the Get a Hint link

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

I completed the whole javascript module, and in EVERY lesson we had a button to get a hint, and a button to see the answers of the lesson. If we go to the javascript module now, all we see is the “get help” button, which opens a popup with a hint, that doesn’t says much and doesn’t help to solve the problem most of the times, and a link to go to the forum ask for help.

have you done that part with the previous version? in this iteration of the freecodecamp curriculum if a solution has been added to the guide, you find it following the Get a Hint link:

if the hint is short or there is no solution, it is waiting for someone to write it. As always, in freecodecamp, most of the work is volunteer work.

2 Likes

wow… now I see the solution… thank you very much for your help!