Using API made in another language

I have just started learning how APIs work and want to make an API for my project.
My question is that if I write my api in some another language and my project for example is in Java , will it be compatible or not … And with which language should I go to make the api that should just be fine with Java.

If you mean an HTTP-based API, it’s language agnostic. HTTP is a protocol, you have a service that sends/accepts requests that have a specific format that has nothing to do with the language used.

So which language is easy for API development

To do what? You can build an HTTP interface for a piece of software in any language. Existing libraries for that are important, so probably pick one of C, C++, Java, C#, F#, Ada, Perl, Scheme, CLisp, Clojure, Racket, Haskell, Go, Erlang, Elixir, JavaScript, Python, Ruby, Crystal, TCL, SML, OCaml, Smalltalk, Rust, Scala, PHP, Lua, Julia, Forth, Haxe, Dart, COBOL…

It’s quite an open-ended question you’re asking, what do you know? Use that is probably the best answer. What is the API for? That API is just a way for something on the other side of an internet connection to send commands to your program and get responses

1 Like