Value attribute of my checkbox and radio button not passing

Please I’m having issues passing my survey form test.

I have added values and yet it kept saying add value attribute on checkbox and radio button. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is the link to my code

Welcome there,

Would you mind sharing your code?

You have shared a link to the freeCodeCamp challenge page - it does not contain your code.

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

I’m new here and coding as well.
Pardon my novice behaviour.

How can I post my code?

Should I copy all and paste?

Willing to learn please.

if you click on the gif posted above you can see how to do the code formatting in the forum

<!DOCTYPE htlm>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="utf-8">
  <meta name="viewprt" content="width=device-witdh, initail-scale-1.0"/>
  <title>Survey Form</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css"
</head>
<body>
  <h1 id="title">Joseph Survey Form</h1>
  <p id="description">Thank you for visiting my survey form, please fill out this form with the required informaton</p>
  <form id="survey-form">
    <fieldset>
      <label for="name" id="name-label">Name:<input type="text"id="name"name"name" placeholder="name" required/> </label>
      <label for="email" id="email-label">Email:<input type="email" id="email" name"email"  placeholder="Enter your email" required/></label>
      <label for="number"id="number-label">Number: <input type="number" id="number" min="13" max="100"placeholder="number" required/></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
      <label for="dropdowm" value"dropdown">Which option best describes your current role?
        <select id="dropdown">
          <option value="">(seclect one)</option>
           <option value="1">student</option>
            <option value="2">full time job</option>
             <option value="3">other</option>
        </select>
      </label>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
     <legend >Would you love to code a form like mine?</legend> 
</label> 
<label for="Definitely"> <input id="Definitely" type="radio" value"Definitely" name="action"  class="inline"/>Definitely</label>
    <label for="Maybe"> <input id="maybe" type="radio" value"maybe" name="action" 
 class="inline"/>Maybe</label>
      <label for="notsure" ><input id="maybe" type="radio" value"notsure" name="action" class="inline" />Not Sure</label>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <label for="dropdown">What is your favorite feature of this form?
  <select id="dropdown">
  <option value="">(Select an option)</option>
           <option value="1">The styling</option>
            <option value="2">The font</option>
             <option value="3">The color</option>
              <option value="4">Tot sure</option>
          </select>
           </label>
           </fieldset>
           <fieldset>
             <legend>What would you like to see improved? (Check all that apply)</legend> 
</label> 
<label for="color"> <input type="checkbox" name="color"  id="color" class="inline" value"color"/>Color</label>
    <label for="font"><input type="checkbox"name="font" id="font" class="inline" value"font"/>font</label>
      <label for="style"><input type="checkbox" name="style" id="style"  class="inline" value="style"/>Style</label> 
     </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <label> Add a comment</label>
      <label for="cmment">
        <textarea id="comment" placeholder="comment here..." row="3" cols="25"></textarea>
      </label>
      </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
    <input id="submit"type="Submit" value="submit"/>
    </fieldset>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

all your value attributes are missing the equal sign

Thanks.

It worked :star_struck:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.