Visual stimulation may be new treatment for Alzheimer’s

Visual stimulation may be new treatment for Alzheimer’s
0.0 0

Hello, I’m not yet a great coder but I’m kinda good at the hardware part. I have a family member that is starting to exhibit the beginning of Alzheimers. I came across this article Page here where Using LED lights flickering at a specific frequency, MIT researchers have shown that they can substantially reduce the beta amyloid plaques seen in Alzheimer’s disease, in the visual cortex of mice. I did some more research and found others who have created lights like the one I want to build. Video here I found a video that shows how to change the frequency of the light video.
I don’t know the correct questions to ask. I want to run the program of different frequencys for a certain amount of time like the one shown in the video. I have already downloaded the Zip file for the pwm and plugged it in but I don’t know how to even start. I have a third reference video but i can only add two.

you can Email me @ clcburdine at yahoo or here on the forum.

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

While we are primarily here to help people with their Free Code Camp progress, we are open to people on other paths, too. Some of what you are asking is pretty trivial in the Free Code Camp context, so you might find that if you’re not getting the instruction and material you need in your current studies, the FCC curriculum will really help you get started. At a modest guess I’d say investing a 4-5 hours working through the curriculum here will really pay off. You can find the curriculum at https://freecodecamp.org.

With your current questions, we don’t have enough context to know what you already know or don’t know, so it is impossible to guide you without just telling you the answer (which we won’t do).

It is pretty typical on here for people to share a codepen / jsfiddle example of what they have tried so that anyone helping has more of an idea of what help is actually helpful.

Please provide some example of what you’ve tried and I’m sure you’ll get more help.

Happy coding :slight_smile:

ok i have this
#include <PWM.h>
// The TIP41C Transistor is connected to Pin 13
int led = 9;

// the setup routine runs once when you press reset:
void setup() {
// initialize the digital pin as an output.
pinMode(led, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop routine runs over and over again forever:
void loop() {
// two short flashes
digitalWrite(led, HIGH);
delay(50);
digitalWrite(led, LOW);
delay(100);
digitalWrite(led, HIGH);
delay(50);
// stay dark for 800ms
digitalWrite(led, LOW);
delay(800);
}
I want it to use the PWM code and work like in the video I included
I’m learning to code I’ve got the hardware part down but not the code. What i want it to do video.