Voting App in VueJS: Learned a lot. Please do give me feedback!

I learned a ton doing this project. Spent a lot of time doing an official MongoDB course while this was going on. Also spent time working through a Vue.js book to learn Vue.js

It was created using Node, MongoDB (no Mongoose but will learn for next project), Express, and Vue.js of course.

Some other things learned and used were:
SASS for CSS,
Passport.js to handle authentication.
Passwords are hashed with bcrypt and stored in the database.
Chart.js for the poll results and display.
Concepts and tools from Google Materials Design helped a lot with colors and theming.
Bundled with webpack
Hosted in Heroku (this was fun to figure out)
And finally written using vim on a linux vm.

Please enjoy and any feedback is greatly appreciated!

https://votetastic.herokuapp.com/
You can use user: joe and password: abc to log in or jam:abc.

Ah, great job indeed! I’m working on it too but there are so many things to do! Everything works fine, user stories fulfilled… if you still have some time I think you could work on responsiveness ( and get rid of some console.log lost in the code :stuck_out_tongue: ): the area occupied by the content is about the 40% of the screen in the devTools mobile view.

Besides that I think it’s a great app, congratulations! I would like to see the code but at the moment I am in conflict of interest, so nvm xD

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me about those console messages. :tada: I cleaned a lot more up but still have to go back in. I will look at making it responsive, it definitely could look better on mobile. Thanks for that.

I have the code on github but don’t want to tempt you to look at it. If you really do though let me know and I’ll send or post the link. :grinning:

1 Like

hello I will like to check this project out. Please can you kindly send me the github link to the project

Hi,

Sorry I haven’t logged on in a while but if you’re still out there and interested you can view the code at:

The first thing that caught me to give feedback to you was that this is a voting app. I really like giving feedback on these, and of course, voting.

I really like the smooth animations you added. Great job on those.

There is one thing that I caught that is possibly a glitch: You can vote even when you are not logged in.

With all of the polls centered around the middle, I feel like there is too much space on the sides and too little space between the poll items. Is it possible that you could make the poll items a little bit wider or placing them side-by-side like a 2 • n grid?

item 1 item 2
item 3 item 4

item n-1 item n

1 Like

great job simple and clean the colors mby not great but great implement of chart js and such

1 Like