Wait, another Portfolio Page?!

Hi all,

I’ve been working on my portfolio page this week and have got it to a point where I think I’m happy to start getting some initial feedback.

I see this page as more of an on-going project that will become more robust and advanced as time goes on, however, I’d love hear what people think about it so far.

Is the design any good? Is the code any good? Is there anything glaring that I’ve missed/could include etc. (The usual stuff).

As always your opinions and feedback is much appreciated (try to be nice :slight_smile:)

Thanks,
Will

Hey Will - looks cool, I’m currently working on mine and am also planning to revisit both this once I’ve finished it as well as my tribute page after I’ve learned more.

Only thing I can suggest is in your code, just because of how CodePen is set up - I notice you have this section in your HTML:

… you don’t need to include the in your HTML section, which you probably already know, but more specifically you can/should add your CSS reference in the CSS Settings section of the Pen. When you have CSS Settings open, in the “Add External CSS” section paste the “https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oswald” (without the quotes) into the text box below where you have the CSS link for Bootstrap. Then you can remove the … piece from your HTML.

If you already know all this, my apologies for being redundant, it’s just the only thing that stuck out to me.

Cheers!

-David

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

Leave the link to your site when you want and I’ll check it out.

I think I know what you mean about the CSS, in that it’s better to include the font link in my CSS section rather than the HTML?

I didn’t actually know that so thanks for the advice!