Warning about Nodemon

Don’t you hate it when you spend hours trying to get something to work and realize that you had everything right but made some stupid mistake?

I just spent the last couple hours trying to figure out why my server kept restarting… and restarting… and restarting. It turns out I was saving a JSON file to my server from somewhere buried deep in the code… and Nodemon was restarting due to changes every couple seconds…

Just a warning to those using Nodemon so they don’t spend hours trying to figure out something stupid like this :confounded:

4 Likes

I deal with it on a constant basis. You often ask yourself “Why am I spending four hours on this bug when I figured it out on the last project 3 days ago??”

1 Like

may fave is when i misspell fucntion:wink:

i’ll read that chunk of code for hours/days and never catch the misspelling … :sob:

1 Like

Me too. At these times I curse my brain’s autocorrect mechanisms.

2 Likes

lol I always misspell it “funciton” :blush:
Fortunately my IDE helps me catch it :wink:

1 Like

I know my issue is that my hands aren’t as fast as my brain when typing and I misspell all kinds of junk that my brain recognizes as “correct” but I know it’s not right … there’s some kind of psychological term that describes this, but I cannot remember …