" Watch A Video" function

Tell us what’s happening:

I can’t get the " Watch A Video" feature to work. It was working for quite a while… does anyone know what is going on?

Your code so far

function caseInSwitch(val) {
var answer = "";
// Only change code below this line

// Only change code above this line
return answer;
}

caseInSwitch(1);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.1.2 Safari/605.1.15.

Challenge: Selecting from Many Options with Switch Statements

Link to the challenge:

I’m unclear how that relates to the linked challenge.

Hello Kevin, Are you referring to my “Watch a video function” question?

I’m sorry, I get it now - I didn’t even know that was there.

I am able to get the video to work just find on my MacBook and Chrome.

What browser are you using? What is happening? Maybe try a different browser or reset your browser cache?

I am using a Macbook and Safari

The function is non responsive. It is not giving any error message

It works on Safari for me, but my perception is that Chrome is a more dependable browser for FCC.

Is there an error in the console?

I am new to all of this… It was working for quite a while and then it just stopped… no error messages… nothing. Is there customer service line for freeCode?

No, there isn’t a customer service line - this is a volunteer organization.

Did you try reboot and a different browser?

I’m still not clear what is happening. You hit the Watch a Video button and nothing happens?

Also, I think those videos are hosted on youtube so you can just go to “Selecting from Many Options with Switch Statements”.

If the following stmt is true you have just enabled me to continue learning:

Also, I think those videos are hosted on youtube so you can just go to “Selecting from Many Options with Switch Statements”.

As far as what is happening. When I hit the " watch a video" button, the screen comes up but it is blank and non responsive. I do see a small button at the top which says “Upgrade now - 50% offer” but it is non responsive. everything is non responsive other than the ability to close the screen.

they are on scrimba, this is the link for the video for this challenge

there may be something going on with scrimba

1 Like

Here is the playlist on scrimba as well

1 Like

Hello ieahleen,
Thank you for the link and info.

when I click on the link it takes me to the proper page. However it is still non responsive. Does it work for you?

yes, scrimba is working for me

try clearing your browser cache

I would clear cookies as well. If that doesn’t work try using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome.

They do use cloudflare so it’s possible that there is some issue with the CDN that you are hitting (likely geolocation-based so it will depend on the user origin).

Iasjorg and ieahleen and kevinsmith Thank you!

I got pulled away but I will try these things now!

1 Like