Web designing and making web page

i dont understand what im doing wrong. what am i miss?

**Your code so far**
<html>
<body>
  <h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
  <main>

<h2> Cat Photos </h2>
     <!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->

<p> Click here to view more cat photos. </p>
  </main>
</body>
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 14543.0.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.4918.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 6

Link to the challenge:

You don’t want to add space between the lines, you want to add space to the beginning of each line so that the line is indented further. I would restart the step to get the original formatting back since formatting is very important for this step. Then, the only thing you want to do is use your space bar to add to more spaces before the opening tag for each of the three children of main.

Thank You! I will give it a shot and see if I can’t fix it. I’m a little new, but have been doing some of this type stuff my whole life. I’m just trying to learn how to properly do it.

Ya, don’t sweat this step too much. It is more about following directions exactly than anything else. In the real world you would have something that automatically formats your code for you and you wouldn’t worry about counting spaces and such. This step is just letting you know that indention is important for making code more readable and you just have to do it manually here.

im still stuck lol idk what im doing wrong

You’ll need to paste your updated HTML in here so we can see what you tried.

To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.